Latest news from Llanelli artist and photographer Russ Myners

Llanelli artist and photographer Russ Myners has sent through another update on his work this morning.
Russ Myners is a local part-time artist and photographer, outside his 'day job' as a busy Practice Manager.
He is also a weekend volunteer working in the grounds at the National Wetland Centre Wales, Penclacwydd, Llanelli.
Russ started painting in watercolours around 2005 and has exhibited work at wetland centres both in Llanelli and at Slimbridge.
His art and photographic work has attracted interest from the USA, Sweden and India.
Aside from painting, Russ also carries out some Life drawing in charcoal and pencil.
When time permits, Russ loves to be outdoors with his camera capturing nature as it is.
His photography has been appreciated by many people across the UK, and has been commissioned for work on websites, canvass wraps and even digital wallpaper!
You can find out more at Russ's website -
http://www.russartworx.net
Here's his latest news -
Just a very quick pre-Christmas email to say that, after much prodding, I`ve finally got my act together to produce a 2013 calendar.
These will be very limited, although more may be produced at a later date.
They are currently in production in Holland, but should be with me in the next couple of weeks.
Incidentally, all the images were taken at the National Wetlands Centre Wales, where I also work in the grounds during weekends, so completely home-grown as it were.
In between the dreadful weather of recent weeks there have been some good opportunities for Autumn photography.
Most of my work still is long-lens bird photography, but some super-wide angle pics will be added to the gallery and available for purchase /order soon.
Still on photography, I have just invested in a new Canon macro as well for those bugs and beastie things in particular (could be fun for when I build the “bug hotel” for the garden next year!).
I haven`t really had a macro area to my work before, so could be interesting.
With my two art exhibitions in 2012 now behind me, I hope to have some arrangements made for a Spring/early Summer exhibition soon.
As and when this is confirmed I`ll post details on both the blog and website. It was a pity I couldn`t utilise the gallery space in Llanelli in October, but I`m afraid I couldn`t risk more loss this year with the gallery being unmanned.
Regular readers will know that my watercolour painting has been extremely slow this year, with what seems like endless periods between getting back to the next stage each time. I feel another New year’s resolution coming on, for the fourth consecutive year of course!
Will make an extra effort to escape all that next year.
That said, I recently received an email from Wisconsin about marketing my painting so, like the Agora New York gallery contact last year, it`s good to have some feedback on previous work from other parts of the world. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Former Gower MP Gareth Wardell the guest speaker at Llanelli Rotary Club

'Class of 1980' from Burry Port enjoy reunion

Lauryn Davey is making her mark in athletics - but needs sponsors