Former council chairman raises £14,000 for charities


Last year’s Chair of Carmarthenshire County Council has raised £14,000 for his two chosen charities.
Cllr Terry Davies has shared the money raised between the Teenage Cancer Trust and the British Heart Foundation.
The sum comes from a range of events including the proceeds from the Chair’s Charity Evening held at the Ashburnham, Pembrey, last November, which raised £2,830, and taking part in the Walrus Dip on Boxing Day in Pembrey, which raised £1,112.
Cllr Terry Davies said: “There are so many worthwhile charities out there and I picked the British Heart Foundation because I had a quadruple heart bypass several years ago in Morriston, and the Teenage Cancer Trust because I have worked with youth clubs for the last 35 years.
“When I started my year as Chair, taking the recession into account I would have been happy to raise £5-6,000, but the money has flooded in and I’m delighted to be able to share such a substantial sum between the two charities.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Former Gower MP Gareth Wardell the guest speaker at Llanelli Rotary Club

'Class of 1980' from Burry Port enjoy reunion

Lauryn Davey is making her mark in athletics - but needs sponsors