'Class of 1980' from Burry Port enjoy reunion



There was a big class reunion held in Burry Port at the weekend.
Members of the Class of 1980 from Porth Tywyn (Burry Port junior) School got together at The Coasting Pilot pub.
The reunion was organised by Christine Rees and same 22 members of the original class of 28 turn up to discuss their old schooldays.
One ‘Class of 1980’ member was Burry Port businessman Owain Davies.
He said: “We all have very happy memories of our time in school. We had a fantastic teacher in Mr Heddwyn Jones, who now lives in Four Roads.
“We were very fortunate to have the same teacher for three years and we were a very happy class. Mr Jones was an inspiring teacher and we all got on every well and we are all still good friends.
“Heather Thomas (now Heather Osmond) made it from Surrey, but she was trumped by Gail Morris, who flew in from Ohio in the United States for the reunion.
“It was a fantastic evening at the Coasting Pilot with good food, good wine and good company. We even recreated the class photo as best as we could without the missing class members.
“The evening ended with speeches and a good sing-song.”

Pics attached: 1980 and now. Allowing for missing ‘pupils’ at the reunion, everyone is in roughly the same position as they were in the original photo.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This teacher made my life a living hell in school. He refused to teach me put me to sit on my own. He called me stupid and excluded me. There were a few of us in the class he refused to teach as our families were not good enough. He belittled me in front of the other children. I would like everyone to knoe I went on to get a degree turn my life around and I am a qualified teacher despite this adversity.

Popular posts from this blog

Former Gower MP Gareth Wardell the guest speaker at Llanelli Rotary Club

Lauryn Davey is making her mark in athletics - but needs sponsors