Red Kite Law chief executive plans birthday charity mission


Red Kite Law chief executive Andrew Manning is planning a marathon charity mission to mark his 50th birthday.
Mr Manning will be getting on his bike for a number of charities during the course of his birthday year, with the aim of raising £50 for every one of his birthday years.
One of the charities to benefit will be the Enfys Foundation, the charitable wing of Red Kite Law.
Mr Manning explained - 
"I have a big birthday coming up at the end of this year- and, yes, I know I look younger/older than that (take your pick!).
"I have been asked how I am going to celebrate this milestone, and want I want for it.
"Well, I am going to celebrate it by trying to ride my bike further and faster than I have done before.
"I am seeking to do this by riding my bike across the width of England ("coast to coast" ), in April (135 miles in 2.5 days) , the length of the UK (Lands End to John O Groats) in May/June (950 miles in 10 days) ,and London to Paris in early September (250 miles in three days).
"All told, it is around 1350 miles.
"What I want for my birthday is to raise some money for charity.
"My aim is to raise £50 for each of my 50 years. So a grand total of £2500.
"I have chosen to donate any money that I raise to five charity groups, on an equal basis.
"These are WorldVision, British Heart Foundation, Help for Heroes, Avon Riding Centre for the Disabled and then the fifth share to be divided between some other charities which I support (the Enfys Foundation of Red Kite Law, St. Michael's Church at Brent Knoll and the Woodland Trust).
"My London to Paris trip in September is organised by the British Heart Foundation - and other cyclists can sign up for it, too!
"Through Virgin Money Giving, you can sponsor me and donations will be quickly processed and passed to charities. Virgin Money Giving is a not for profit organisation and will claim gift aid on a charity's behalf where the donor is eligible for this.
Mr Manning's fund-raising website is -
http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/AndrewManning50thchallenge

Bristol-born Mr Manning attended Bristol Cathedral School and studied Land Management at the University of Reading before gaining a MBA at the West of England University.
Mr Manning has also studied the advanced management programme at Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States.

About Red Kite Law
Red Kite Law has 12 partners and a total headcount of 87, with seven offices spread across Pembrokeshire, Carmarthenshire and Monmouthshire. The team at Red Kite Law can be contacted on 01267 239000 and 01437 763332 or through the website atwww.redkitelaw.co.uk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Former Gower MP Gareth Wardell the guest speaker at Llanelli Rotary Club

Lauryn Davey is making her mark in athletics - but needs sponsors

'Class of 1980' from Burry Port enjoy reunion