Step Our For Stroke walking event for Llanelli Beach


A Carmarthenshire photographer affected by a stroke is urging people to put their best foot forward for a charity walk at Llanelli Beach.
Stroke victim Andrew Davies hopes as many people as possible sign up to Step Out For Stroke 2016 which takes place on Sunday, June 26 at North Dock’s Millennium Coastal Park.
The 47-year-old, was struck down by the third biggest killer out of the blue in 2013.
Two years on the dad of one who still uses walking sticks to get about said: “It’s had a devastating effect on me and my family as I was the breadwinner and could no longer do the job I loved. I also loved to take part in running marathons and would regularly train on the coastal path but I can no longer do this either. Believe me, this disease can strike anyone at anytime and I urge as many people as possible to sign up and raise as much money as possible for The Stroke Association who are supporting me through my recovery journey.”
The aim of the one mile walking event is to raise funds and awareness for The Stroke Association. It’s open to everyone who wants to show their support and all participants will receive a free t-shirt and medal on the day. Registration opens at 1pm with the walk setting off at 2pm. Flanagan’s Cafe will be open from 10am-4pm.
The council’s executive board member for leisure, Cllr Meryl Gravell said: “Stroke can have a devastating emotional and financial impact on survivors and their families. We can all play a small part in providing vital support by taking park in this walk. At the same time experience the wonderful surroundings and landscape of the Millennium Coastal Park.”
To sign up visit www.stroke.org.uk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Former Gower MP Gareth Wardell the guest speaker at Llanelli Rotary Club

'Class of 1980' from Burry Port enjoy reunion

Lauryn Davey is making her mark in athletics - but needs sponsors