Praise for Llanelli youth worker

A Llanelli-based youth worker has come runner-up in a prestigious Youth Work Wales Excellence Award.
Ali Price, a community youth worker based at Bwlch Rangers, Morfa was nominated for the award by a young person she worked with for four years.
Kirsty Davies, 21 from Llanelli, said:“I’m so happy that Ali was recognised for her hard work and I’m delighted she came runner-up in the awards. She has helped me so much and if it wasn’t for her I don’t think I would have made it into university. The support she provides young people is amazing and I know she will turn other young people’s lives around just like she’s done with me.”
Ali Price added: “I was so touched to be nominated and to come runner up was a fantastic feeling.
“It’s so rewarding when you’ve worked with a young person and witnessed them developing, I just hope I can help more young people overcome their difficulties during my career with the Youth Service.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Former Gower MP Gareth Wardell the guest speaker at Llanelli Rotary Club

Lauryn Davey is making her mark in athletics - but needs sponsors

'Class of 1980' from Burry Port enjoy reunion