Carmarthen law firm runs free Wills month for charity
Local law firm Mary Evans & Co is running a ‘make a free Will month’ during April and offering customers the chance to donate to Age Cymru and Age Cymru Sir Gar.
The company’s Mary Evans says:
“We are pleased to be supporting the Age Cymru Free Wills month and confirm that all Wills made by us under this initiative will be provided by us completely free of charge.
“However, it is also hoped that some people will wish to make a donation to Age Cymru towards the cost of the important work they do, namely to lift as many older people as possible out of poverty and to combat loneliness and isolation amongst Welsh pensioners through their activities.
“The suggested donations are £95.00 for a single Will and £135.00 for a mirror Will which also involves a saving on our usual charges for wills in addition to the obvious VAT saving.
“Some people might well also feel inclined to leave a legacy in their Will in favour of Age Cymru or other charities they may wish to support and we will be happy to include these in your Will.
“We feel it is important to make a Will in order that you can decide and have the last word on what happens to your estate which will give you peace of mind and possibly avoid unnecessary and unpleasant disputes.”
During April, Mary Evans & Co clients can donate the fee they would normally pay to have their Will written to Age Cymru.
Michael Phillips from Age Cymru says:
“Where there’s a Will, there’s a way to donate to charity.
“Age Cymru is very grateful to Mary Evans & Co for running its ‘make a free Will month’ and encouraging its clients to give the fee they’d normally pay to our charity.
“We want to lift as many older people as possible out of poverty and to combat loneliness and isolation amongst Welsh pensioners through our activities.
“This initiative by Mary Evans & Co will provide a huge boost to our work.”
Mary Evans & Co is based at Waverley House, 22 Lammas Street, Carmarthen, SA31 3AL.
Mary Evans & Co. Solicitors Ltd
· The Legal Practice, Mary Evans and Co was established in February 1993 initially in Spilman Street, Carmarthen moving to their current offices at Waverley House, 22 Lammas Street, in 1994 after the firm quickly outgrew its original premises.
· This is a high street practice specialising in Family Matters, Conveyancing, Wills and Probate. However as experienced general practitioners we are able to offer our Clients a wide range of services.
· Mary is a past president of the West Wales Law Society.
· Mary was admitted as a solicitor on 1st October 1982, having graduated from UCW Aberystwyth in 1979 with a 2.1 honours degree in Law completing her professional examination at the Chester College of Law the following year.
· Mary completed her articles with the Swansea based firm Peter Williams and Co running a litigation department for Hugh Williams Son and Co of Llandeilo and then branch offices in Cross Hands and Carmarthen before setting up her own firm jointly with her husband Huw Morcom.
· Huw Morcom was admitted as a solicitor on 16th May 1989 having graduated from UCW Aberystwyth in 1983. He completed his professional examination at Lancaster Gate. He joined Ungoed Thomas and King in 1987 as an articled Clerk and later acted as a solicitor from 1989 to 1991 when he joined Dewi Price & Co in 1991 and then joined Mary Evans and Co in 1993.
· Mary Evans & Co is the trading name of Mary Evans & Co Solicitors Limited Carmarthen a company registered at Cardiff under Company Number 4415396 and authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and access to the Authority’s rules is provided onwww.sra.org.uk/code of conduct. The Directors are Elizabeth Mary Evans and Huw Charles Morcom.
· Age Cymru is the national charity for older people in Wales
· We are the force combining Age Concern Cymru and Help the Aged in Wales.
· Age affects us all in different ways. We cannot promise good health, but we should be able to ensure good care for all of us. When we find loneliness, we will reach out. When age becomes a burden, we will lighten the load.
· Age Cymru will campaign. We will fundraise. We will research. We will make the powers that be listen.
· Age Cymru is a registered charity 1128436.
· Company limited by guarantee and registered by in England and Wales 6837284.
· Registered office address: Tŷ John Pathy, 13/14 Neptune Court, Vanguard Way, Cardiff, CF24 5PJ.
· Age Cymru works nationally and locally across Wales to improve life for all older people.