Quotes of the day

Quotes of the day

“If I was angry enough, my inner Scotsman would come out” – Actor Ewan McGregor, when asked whether he could look after himself in a fight.
“Never should it be said that Rod Stewart hasn’t done his bit for female emancipation. He’s seen more sex than a policeman’s torch” – Dylan Jones, editor of GQ magazine.
“I love macs but I worry that they make me look like a flasher” – Actor and comic Johnny Vegas.
“Once you take your relationship into the public arena, it is a bit like dancing with the devil, and you should expect to suffer the consequences” - Actress Sophia Myles.
“I like living in a town where people still point at aeroplanes in the sky. Bolton is the kind of place where I can wear my slippers down to the chip shop” - Comedian Peter Kay.
“This is euphemism gone mad. And where does it leave that pillar of society, the ‘working man’? Out in the cold as far as the Government is concerned” – Sir Terry Wogan, on the use of the term “working girls” for prostitutes.
“Next week’s preacher will be pinned on the notice board” – Sign outside a south London church.
“Therapy is not about shoving your face in your worst nightmare” – TV star Ruby Wax in her role as an agony aunt.
“They said I was what? A Yorkshire Elvis? I ain’t that fat” – Pop icon Jarvis Cocker on the critics.
“Christmas is a feast, not a White Paper” – Cross-bench peer Lord Rees-Mogg.
“There are a lot worse places (and I’ve been in them) than a snug British home with a fire in the grate, two snoozing terriers on the sofa and a merry little Purcell on the CD player” – Best-selling author Frederick Forsyth, on Christmas at home.
“Nobody believes it – just because my silly old fat face is on telly – but I am actually a bit shy” – TV’s Lorraine Kelly.
“I get given joke books by my family, which doesn’t say much for my act” - Comedian Al Murray on Christmas presents.
“Bye bye little numbers. And no matter how much I loved you, there’s plenty more where you came from” – Artist Tracey Emin gets lyrical about changing her telephone number after 10 years.
“Freemasons are, it is said, wholly or largely devoted to the admirable cause of giving a leg-up to other freemasons and the police service is full of them. Anyone thinking of taking up a life of crime should become a freemason by way of insurance” – TV pundit Edward Enfield, father of comedian Harry Enfield.
“He refused to look at me, which is just as well, because I did not fancy being turned to stone” – Camp entertainer Boy George on the Little Britain star Matt Lucas whom he found “prissy, a niggly diva”.
“He’s a perfectly charming person and if you were living next door to him he would water your roses while you were on holiday and feed your cat, but as the leader of the main campaigning body against racism in Britain he’s been a complete dud” – London’s Mayor Ken Livingstone on Trevor Phillips, ex-chairman of the Commission for Racial Equality.
“These days, everyone is a star. It’s as if you have to have ‘superstar’ after your name. You’re a ‘star’ for just being an heiress now” – Clint Eastwood.
“Civilians” – What Liz Hurley calls non-celebrities.
“Lots of guys would love it, but I only want to act, not be leered over” - Leonardo DiCaprio on his sex symbol tag.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Former Gower MP Gareth Wardell the guest speaker at Llanelli Rotary Club

'Class of 1980' from Burry Port enjoy reunion

Lauryn Davey is making her mark in athletics - but needs sponsors