Dyfed Powys Police and Crime Panel looking for new members
People are invited to apply to become independent members of the Dyfed Powys Police and Crime Panel.
The panel, which was set up to support and scrutinise the Police and Crime Commissioner, is made up of councillors from the four local authority areas, plus two independent members.
They are recruited on a fixed term basis, and applications are now being invited to join the panel from October this year until October 2020.
The role of the panel is:
- Support the Dyfed Powys Police and Crime Commissioner to exercise their functions effectively.
- Review the Police Commissioner’s annual draft Police and Crime Plan.
- Review the Police and Crime Commissioner’s annual draft budget.
- Review and scrutinise decisions and actions taken by the Police and Crime Commissioner.
- If necessary, review the proposed appointment or removal of the Chief Constable.
- Make reports or recommendations to the Police and Crime Commissioner as needed.
Application forms available on the four local authority websites – Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire and Powys. The deadline for submissions is August 12.
Information about the panel, agendas, meeting dates, membership and news is available on the website.