Charity date for Cor Meibion Llanelli

Llanelli hotel manager Christine Langley Evans has enlisted the help of Cor Meibion Llanelli (Llanelli Male Voice Choir) in her latest fund-raising drive for Leukaemia Research.
Mrs Evans, manager at the Thomas Arms, has first hand experience of leukaemia.
“I was one of the lucky ones,” she said. “I was diagnosed with leukaemia, but I was lucky enough to get a bone marrow transplant nearly two years ago.
“I will always be grateful for the life-saving care and treatment I received, so I like to stage events every now and again to raise awareness for Leukaemia Research and to help raise funding for the charity.”
Mrs Evans added: “I am grateful to Cor Meibion Llanelli for helping me out with my latest event – a musical evening at the Thomas Arms this Saturday, starting at 7.30pm.
“There will also be a guest soloist, Mandy Starr, who is from Port Talbot and sings classical and operatic items, so it promises to be a real musical treat.
“There will be a comedian and cawl and crusty bread is included in the ticket price, which is £10. Tickets are available at the Thomas Arms, or by calling 01554 772043.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Former Gower MP Gareth Wardell the guest speaker at Llanelli Rotary Club

'Class of 1980' from Burry Port enjoy reunion

Lauryn Davey is making her mark in athletics - but needs sponsors