Crouch is the funniest sportsman

England footballer Peter Crouch was named the funniest man in British sport, topping the poll of the best one liners and comedy football moments of all time.
The 6ft 7in striker won top billing for a cheeky response to the question "What would you be if you weren't a footballer?"
The Spurs targetman replied: "A virgin."
He cemented his position as the funniest man in British sport with 24% of a 2,000 strong poll voting for his debut performance of the famous "robot dance", while celebrating a goal against Hungary in a pre-World Cup friendly.
The wittiest commentators and interview lines, comical sporting gaffes and largest personalities were also uncovered in the new survey released today.
The study of 2,000 people was specially commissioned to mark the launch of Sky1 HD's new fast paced comedy panel show, A League of their Own, hosted by Bafta-winning Gavin and Stacey star James Corden.
The Top 5 Sporting One Liners were...
1. Asked what he would be if he wasn't a footballer, Peter Crouch replied "a virgin"
2. "I spent a lot of my money on booze, birds and fast cars - the rest I just squandered" - George Best
3. Referring to Wags, "I don't know where they will stay, it's not my concern. I'm hoping there will be a virus" - Fabio Capello
4. Chris Eubank made his first flamboyant leap over the top rope into the ring. Reg Gutteridge informed ITV viewers: "The ego has landed"
5. "I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and got into bed before the room was dark" - Muhammad Ali

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Former Gower MP Gareth Wardell the guest speaker at Llanelli Rotary Club

'Class of 1980' from Burry Port enjoy reunion

Lauryn Davey is making her mark in athletics - but needs sponsors