Bryan hits the road for charity


Council worker Bryan O’Leary is swapping his refuse/recycling lorry for a pair of trainers to raise money for a charity close to home.
Bryan is taking part in the London marathon on Sunday, April 25 in aid of the Ammanford squadron of the Air Training Corps.
Forty-two year old Bryan, who works at the council’s Glanaman depot as a driver on the refuse/recycling crew, has been training hard for the 26-mile challenge.
It is the second time he has taken part in the marathon and he is hoping he can beat his 2008 time of three hours and 40 minutes.
“I’m up to 18 miles so far and I plan to do an extra mile each weekend until I reach 22 miles and then I will be ready for the marathon,” said Bryan, who lives in Ammanford.
“I am hoping to do it in less than four hours but if I beat my last time I will be really pleased.”
Bryan is a coach with the Amman Valley Harriers, training youngsters aged between eight and 16.
He is hoping to raise as much money as possible for the Air Training Corps.
“If anyone would like to sponsor me, please get in touch. It’s a very worthwhile cause, it keeps the youngsters off the streets and teaches then new skills,” he said.
Bryan can be contacted via email at b.oleary1@talktalknet or by telephone on 07810025454.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Former Gower MP Gareth Wardell the guest speaker at Llanelli Rotary Club

'Class of 1980' from Burry Port enjoy reunion

Lauryn Davey is making her mark in athletics - but needs sponsors