Revealed: The twist to Kevin Green’s Secret Interview TV programme

There were bound to be plenty of twists to millionaire Kevin Green’s latest TV programme, the Secret Interview. 
The Channel 5 programme shadowed two estate agents for a ‘documentary’.
The first surprise was that the estate agents didn’t realise their moves were being filmed for a ‘Secret Interview’.
Up for grabs was the chance to join Kevin Green’s team and become a millionaire property dealer.
After the big ‘reveal’ at the end of the show, Kevin was left with the big decision of picking between 20-year-old Dave Holdway from Sidcup and 26-year-old Jamie Burke from Salford.
“It was a massive decision and very difficult to make,” Kevin said today.
“The two lads performed really well with the different challenges they faced on the show and it was a very close-run thing.
“Perhaps some of the TV audience were a little surprised, but I made my choice and went for Dave from Sidcup.”
There was, however, one final twist in store.
After Kevin put his ‘I’ll make you a millionaire offer’ on the table (and after the show aired on Channel 5), Dave decided to back out.
“It’s the old saying,” said Kevin. “You can take a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink. Dave decided it wasn’t for him.
“We then took the job offer to Jamie and he has grabbed it with both hands.”
Jamie said: “To be given this opportunity to work with Kevin Green is like a dream come true.
“I understand that a lot of hard work and effort is required but the reward afterwards is what I want more than anything.
“I want to give my family the comfortable life that I never had and I am prepared to do whatever it takes. The fact that Kevin Green is opening this door for me is filling me with excitement.”
Kevin said: “The job for Jamie will see me mentoring him as we aim to get him to build up a property portfolio to the point where he is a millionaire.
“It’s exciting, but Jamie can be assured we will be there with him every step of the way as we give him the opportunity of learning some of the lessons which have made me the UK’s largest private sector landlord.
“Jamie was brave enough to put himself out there in the glare of TV publicity in an environment where people would see a ‘warts and all’ view of his abilities. He’s a brave young man and very switched on. I really need to have someone who has the work ethic and cares very passionately about what he does. Jamie has those skills and I’m looking forward to working with him.”

Jamie Burke biography:
I studied at St. Ambrose Barlow High School in Swinton until 2002.
I then went to Pendleton College in Salford where I studied Psychology, Media & Business Studies.
After my studies I had to find a job and so the search began . . .
I always wanted to be involved in property development from an early age as I grew up witnessing my father renovating properties for others. He is a carpenter.
In fact, for a couple of years I worked on properties with him and so I now have hands-on experience in kitchen and bathroom fitting and even the fitting of windows and conservatories.
I was never cut out for being outdoors, exposed to the elements though and so as soon as an opportunity to get behind a desk came my way I jumped at it.
I spent the next couple of years working for Loot Advertising where I would sell advertising space over the phone. This was a fun and enjoyable environment but it was purely a stepping stone and a way of me gaining valuable 'sales' experience.
I now had the experience of manually renovating properties (albeit not for myself) and over-the-phone sales.
In 2008, I was looking to rent my first flat and so I approached my local Estate Agents- Barlow White.
The boss there, Chris White, would show me around a couple of properties and in doing so we had a lengthy conversation and in his words "I reminded him of himself when he was my age."
We discussed the fact that I had always been interested in becoming an Estate Agent. Chris went on to promise me a position in his Agency but said I would have to wait a year or so before the market picked up and before he could officially take me on. Some 18 months later, true to his word Chris White contacted me, asked me to hand my notice in at Loot Advertising and offered me the position as Sales Negotiator at Barlow White. There was no interview, no questions . . . it was like a dream come true.
I have been working for Barlow White for the past two and a half years.
My ambition is to have a large portfolio of properties and be the landlord to many different tenants. I want to be in a position whereby I can purchase any property no problem and then renovate it and move it on for a profit.
Having met Kevin Green it opened my eyes to the endless possibilities that are available in this industry.
I am 26 years old and live in Monton, Salford.
I have a beautiful fiancee named Becky and together we have a daughter named Megan, - she is five months old.
I play football for a Sunday League team and have done so for six years now.
In my spare time I enjoy playing poker with my friends and I enjoy spending time with Becky and Megan. I am an avid Manchester United fan and I never miss a game.
I am currently in rented accommodation as it is a struggle to make the step up to the bottom rung of the property ladder.

Secret Interview:
Co-produced by Twofour and GroupM Entertainment, Secret Interview aired on Channel 5.
Ian Dunkley, Channel 5 Commissioning Editor for Factual Entertainment said: “No one likes being interviewed but this show takes it to a new level. Our candidates don’t even know it’s happening and that they are being judged by some of the biggest names in their field of work.”
Andrew Mackenzie, Twofour Creative Director says: "This is one of the formats we're most excited by. It feels entertaining and timely, rewarding good people with a step up the ladder without them even knowing they're being cunningly tested."
Richard Foster, MD GroupM Entertainment said: “From the moment we first saw this as a paper format we were intrigued by what the show could be, and what Twofour have brought to life is an absolutely captivating series.”
Watch the Secret Interview again - http://www.channel5.com/shows/secret-interview/episodes/estate-agents

Kevin Green:
Kevin Green is a self-made multi-millionaire and social entrepreneur. He is one of the UK’s largest residential property landlords and a multi-business owner.
The 48-year-old dyslexic, who featured on Channel 4’s Secret Millionaire, was homeless in 1984. Today his property portfolio runs into the hundreds.
He has a wealth of experience in the property investment world and heads a number of successful companies and other non property related businesses.
He is also involved in coaching under his own brand of Kevin Green Wealth (KGW) and is a ‘Dynamo’ role model for the Welsh Government, inspiring young people in schools and universities to set up businesses.
Before making his fortune in business, he was a successful dairy farmer.
In 1999 he won a Nuffield Scholarship in agriculture and studied the attitudes and personalities of high achievers. He interviewed Bill Gates and Sir Richard Branson.
The wealth guru loves to educate, motivate and inspire others and his passion and enthusiasm is quite infectious. His down to earth approach is often referred to by those who know him as ‘exactly what it says on the tin’. These qualities have catapulted him into worldwide demand as a speaker at conferences, dinners and seminars.
He has helped launched the new Entrepreneurship Academy Wales for the business leaders of the future.
Green has plenty of TV experience, having been featured on Channel Four’s Secret Millionaire and Sky’s The Devil’s Dinner Party.

Weblink –
http://www.kevingreen.co.uk/
Twitter - @kevingreenwales

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Former Gower MP Gareth Wardell the guest speaker at Llanelli Rotary Club

'Class of 1980' from Burry Port enjoy reunion

Lauryn Davey is making her mark in athletics - but needs sponsors