Genesis helps Llanelli mum start a new chapter

A Llanelli mum has told of her excitement at starting a bright new chapter in her life, thanks to a strong network of help and support.
Grace Goddard admits that the past 15 years have been tough, with everyday life throwing down a number of challenges.
But now, with the help of Genesis and Links, the 31-year-old is looking forward to fulfilling a lifelong ambition of becoming an established author.Genesis, based within Carmarthenshire County Council, is a European Social Funded project which aims to improve life for families, either because they are unemployed or on a low income.
The team has provided support over several months to help Grace build self-esteem and confidence.
Through Genesis, Grace was introduced to Llanelli-based Links, and with support and the added reassurance of having childcare provided for her, she quickly indulged her love of creative writing.
“Creative writing appealed to me straight away as I have written a lot of poetry, studied language, literacy and drama in my late teens,” she said. “I have been a member of Links now for nearly a year and I absolutely love attending. One of the best experiences so far was becoming an editorial assistant for a book we recently published called “Different Visions, Beautiful Minds”, which features a lot of my poetry - an achievement of which I’m extremely proud.”
She added: “I have submitted pieces of literature for future publication and I look forward to hopefully fulfilling my dream of becoming an established author, writing poetry and children’s books. It’s thanks to Genesis and Links that I am now at a great stage in my life and I’m looking forward to the future.”
Estelle Etheridge-Lawrence, Genesis Co-ordinator, said: “We are very proud of Grace and what she has achieved. She is proof that with the right support everyone can reach their goals and provide a better life for themselves and their families.”
 
Genesis can provide support through many avenues such as advice and guidance, training, education,volunteering and childcare. The team can also help to build self-esteem and confidence, and can provide financial assistance to help people access training, employment, education or volunteering opportunities. For further information call 01554 744340.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Former Gower MP Gareth Wardell the guest speaker at Llanelli Rotary Club

'Class of 1980' from Burry Port enjoy reunion

Lauryn Davey is making her mark in athletics - but needs sponsors