Bobby Van is out in Carmarthenshire!

Burglars, thieves and bogus callers beware: the Bobby Van is operating throughout Carmarthenshire.
The Dyfed-Powys Police project visits dozens of homes every month fitting locks, alarms and door chains in a bid to stamp out crime and the fear of crime.
The work is carried out by a qualified carpenter and residents are also given guidance on how not to become a victim of crime in the home.
Carmarthen resident Joan Thomas said she felt much safer after a visit from the Bobby Van.
She said: “As well as new locks, I was given a UV pen so that I could mark my valuables and I received a personal alarm.
“I was also given lots of advice, for example, to leave the lights on when I go out and to make sure I draw the curtains in the evening.
“It made me think about what I could do myself to improve security, it’s made me feel much safer.”
The Bobby Van is one of a number of projects under the Community Safety Partnership’s (CSP) ‘Think Safe, Home Safe’ campaign.
The CSP includes the police and council as well as a number of other agencies working together to increase safety and reduce the fear of crime within the county.
The Booby Van continues to receive funding from the partnership to help it operate throughout Carmarthenshire.
Friends, family and neighbours can refer vulnerable people they think could benefit from a visit.
CSP chairman Mark James said: “The Bobby Van scheme makes a real difference to how safe older people feel in their own homes. It is also a real deterrent to burglars and bogus callers. The staff involved in the scheme work extremely hard to get round as many homes as they can and their work is very much appreciated.”
For further information on the Bobby Van contact burglary reduction co-ordinator Brian Jones by telephoning 101.

Carmarthen resident Joan Thomas with Bobby Van carpenter Colin Taylor and community safety officer PC Anthony George.
Picture: Jeff Connell.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Former Gower MP Gareth Wardell the guest speaker at Llanelli Rotary Club

Lauryn Davey is making her mark in athletics - but needs sponsors

'Class of 1980' from Burry Port enjoy reunion