The man behind the Llandeilo Jazz Festival branding



In less than seven weeks, the Llandeilo Jazz Festival (July 6-8) has grown from an idea into a music festival, with an exciting brand marketing platform.
Part of the success of the marketing has been the new and unique branding created by Nick Pettit, of Nick Pettit Design, based in London.
Nick is the retained designer for the Evan-Evans Brewery and is one of the UK’s top beer-brand designers.
“There is little doubt that Nick’s highly creative design has set the festival on the right road to success,” said Simon Buckley, chief executive of the Evan-Evans Brewery, the festival’s main sponsor and organiser.
“The design branding is eye-catching, it’s colourful and next year we will add to it with Welsh variants. This year, we simply did not have enough time to do everything.”
Nick Pettit said: “I am delighted to have been part of the evolution of this great new event.
“It has been a great opportunity to create something new and exciting and to work with Simon and his team. I am sure that this event will grow into something special and add greatly to the local economy.”

About Nick Pettit -
Educated at Watford Grammar, I made a name for myself as the kid who could hand-stencil band names on the back of leather jackets. Leaving sixth form to do Foundation Art at St Albans, I found a new interest with graphic design, Pop Art and the college pub. Moving to London a year later, I spent the next nine terms at Central Saint Martins, before taking my first job at a 'famous' graphic design agency and discovering I'd made a big mistake. I jumped ship.
Six months later I was given a job by two advertising hotshots, art director Andy Hill (the Um Bongo man) and copywriter Rob Isted, at Toys In The Attic. I loved every minute and it proved the perfect career foundation. Over the next few years I passed through the doors of Rhino, Hill Watson, DJPA, Mainline Partners, Design Alliance, QED, Sheppard Day, Strangebrew and The Workroom before finding myself where I am today, fronting my own little design empire!
I live in London with Avril and our three adorable girls - and a Cockapoo called Dexter. When not on a Mac, I enjoy tennis, sea swimming, hill walking, cooking, real ale, supporting N5's finest, photography, my ever expanding music collection and dreaming about escaping to the Cornish coast.

Weblink -
http://www.nickpettitdesign.co.uk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Former Gower MP Gareth Wardell the guest speaker at Llanelli Rotary Club

'Class of 1980' from Burry Port enjoy reunion

Lauryn Davey is making her mark in athletics - but needs sponsors